COTI, a blockchain-powered cryptocurrency payment ecosystem, has announced that its COTI bank account and VISA debit cards have now arrived.
“We have been working with our close partner, Simplex, to provide our users with COTI bank accounts and debit cards, and we are happy to have successfully achieved this important milestone.”
– The COTI Team
Bank Accounts & VISA Debit Cards Boost COTI Ecosystem
Debit cards and Bank accounts are an important component of COTI’s all-encompassing financial ecosystem, providing a seamless relationship between the fiat world and the crypto world. As a design partner of Simplex, COTI is the first to list on this program, and the COTI community will be the first to own a branded COTI Pay debit card.
By using the crypto-friendly bank account, COTI users will be able to open a bank account on their name, with an IBAN, store fiat natively in their COTI Pay wallet, and globally spend their balance at any merchant that accepts VISA cards, both online or in-store.
As Simplex is a principal member of VISA, these debit cards are much more sustainable than other crypto cards. Once you receive the card, you’ll be able to use it for the long term.
In the future, this banking program will also be part of the COTI Pay Business suite offered to merchants and will greatly increase their usage volume, therefore growing the rewards for COTI’s stakers.
The initial COTI account version rollout includes:
- Opening and owning a bank account with an IBAN
- COTI’s VISA debit card
- Converting crypto to fiat and spending it globally with the COTI debit card, online or in-store
- Activation the card, Receiving secure PIN, checking balance, viewing transactions
- Withdraw funds from an ATM, SWIFT, SEPA
- Loading the account by selling crypto, swift, SEPA, cards
The first round includes 3,000 cards. They will be sent in priority to those who first registered in the past. The second round will open in a month and will hold 5,000 additional cards.
Plans for the next versions
More features and benefits will be added to the cardholders, special plans according to loyalty, and even uniquely designed VIP cards. Deep integration to COTI Pay will be implemented, including a fiat account and the ability to buy and sell crypto directly from the Coti Viper wallet app bank account. Also, more countries will be added
How to use the COTI bank account and card?
- In order to open a COTI bank account, click on this link: coti.simplex.com. Once you fill in all the required sections, you will be transferred to the Debit Card page where you should fill in the delivery details.
- After completing the application, the new debit card will be delivered within 4–7 business days (in Europe).
- Those who applied for the COTI debit card in the past have already received an email with the link to open a bank account and order their debit card a few hours ago.
- Now that you own a COTI bank account, you can have a personal IBAN that allows you to transfer funds from and to any bank account in the world. Not only can you send and receive fiat, but you will also be able to store it via the COTI Pay app, as well as convert crypto to fiat, and vice versa.
- A physical and virtual debit card significantly increases the adoption of the COTI network, as merchants who are unable to accept crypto as a method of payment can now accept it as a de facto payment option, via the COTI debit card.