- Grayscale Investments is has launched a new DeFi fund
- The DeFi fund will provide investors with weighted exposure to the top 10 DeFi tokens according to market cap
- They include Uniswap (UNI), Aave (AAVE), Compound (COMP), Curve (CRV), MakerDAO (MKR), SushiSwap (SUSHI), Synthetix (SNX), Yearn Finance (YFI), UMA Protocol (UMA) and Bancor (BNT)
- Uniswap will be allocated the lions share of the fund at 49.95%
Grayscale Investments has launched a new DeFi fund in collaboration with CoinDesk Indexes. The latter is a subsidiary of CoinDesk Inc. and together with Grayscale, have announced the launch of the Grayscale Decentralized Finance (DeFi) fund and alongside The CoinDesk DeFi Index.
Uniswap to be Allocated 49.95% of Grayscale’s DeFi Fund
Additionally, the Grayscale Decentralized Finance Fund will provide investors with exposure to the 10 of the top DeFi protocols in terms of market cap in a weighted portfolio designed to track the CoinDesk DeFi Index.
A breakdown fo the top 10 DeFi protocols to be included in the Grayscale Decentralized Finance fund, can be found below alongside their weightings on the fund.
- Uniswap (UNI) – 49.95%
- Aave (AAVE) – 10.25%
- Compound (COMP) – 8.38%
- Curve (CRV) – 7.44%
- MakerDAO (MKR) – 6.49%
- SushiSwap (SUSHI) – 4.83%
- Synthetix (SNX) – 4.43%
- Yearn Finance (YFI) – 3.31%
- UMA Protocol (UMA) – 2.93%
- Bancor Network Token (BNT) – 2.00%
The DeFi Fund is Grayscale’s 15th Investment Product
The Grayscale Decentralized Finance Fund is Grayscale’s 15th investment product with the firm’s CEO, Michael Sonnenshein, explaining in the following statement, why they chose to launch it.
Grayscale continues to focus on creating opportunities for investors to access new, exciting parts of the digital asset ecosystem.
The emergence of decentralized finance protocols provide clear examples of technologies that can redefine the future of the financial services industry. We’re proud to offer investors exposure to DeFi through Grayscale’s trusted, secure, and industry-leading investment product structures.
Grayscale Intends to Have Shares of the DeFi Fund Quoted on a Secondary Market
The team at Grayscale also pointed out that the firm intends to have shares of the DeFi Fund quoted on a secondary market. However, a successful listing is dependent on the approval by regulators such as the SEC and FINDRA.