- There is a new WordPress plugin that allows websites to accept IOTA
- According to Weiss Ratings, the WordPress plugin could increase accessibility and mainstream adoption for IOTA
- IOTA (MIOTA) is trading in bearish territory below the 50-day, 100-day and 200-day moving averages
- However, there is a possibility of a trend reversal for IOTA (MIOTA) in the crypto markets
Website owners and developers who use WordPress can now accept MIOTA coins thanks to a new plugin that was developed by IOTA community member @shortaktien (Alexander), who went on to announce its availability through the following tweet.
Finally my #plugin for #WordPress is online. Now everyone can quickly and easily find and install the plugin in the integrated library.
Now it’s time to wait for Ledger.https://t.co/C6YNNEuQsH#iota #crypto
— Alexander.nft ?? (@shortaktien) July 20, 2021
The WordPress Plugin Could Increase Accessibility and Mainstream Adoption for IOTA
It is with the launch of the IOTA WordPress plugin that the team at Weiss Crypto Ratings has concluded that its availability could increase accessibility and mainstream adoption for the digital asset. The team at Weiss made this conclusion through the following statement on Twitter.
Developers from IOTA community have released plugin that allows all WordPress sites to accept IOTA in a matter of clicks. WordPress is one of the world’s most popular content management platforms, and this could increase accessibility and mainstream adoption for IOTA.
More on the IOTA Plugin on WordPress
The IOTA plugin on WordPress is aptly named ‘Pay With IOTA’ and is designed around the IOTA button. The latter is a simple button coded in html that can be used to accept payments, donations or to display the IOTA balance in your wallet. The IOTA WordPress plugin thus allows you to insert the IOTA button on any website, within an article, a page, or as a widget.
IOTA (MIOTA) is in Bearish Territory But Hinting at a Reversal
With respect to price action, like most altcoins, IOTA/USDT is facing a bearish scenario as the digital asset trades below the 50-day, 100-day and 200-day moving averages as seen in the following daily chart.
In addition, the following can be observed from the daily IOTA/USDT chart.
- IOTA recently experienced a death cross
- Trade volume is in the red indicating a scenario of continual selling since July 7th
- The daily MACD further confirms the bearish scenario
- However, the daily MFI and RSI are oversold, hinting at a possible short-term reversal
- In terms of resistances, IOTA has to contend with $0.65, $0.68, $0.69 and $0.71 in the short-term
As with all altcoins, IOTA’s fate in the crypto markets is tied to that of Bitcoin. Consequently, IOTA’s potential reversal in the crypto markets is hinged on Bitcoin providing the ideal environment above $31k.